Factory to Feet
How do I clean my Dr. Martens?
This would depend on the material that your footwear is made from. Generally for leather Dr. Martens products, we would recommend a fully clean, conditioning and polish every 3-4 months. Please see below for detailed instructions on this process.
How should I polish my Dr. Martens?
- Clean the Shoes: Remove your laces, and begin to clean each section of your shoe using warm water and liquid soap, starting with the sole and working your way to the upper. To clean, use a damp cloth, shoe brush and toothbrush to access more difficult areas such as around the eyelets.
- Condition the Leather: Using a premium leather conditioner such as the Dr. Martens Wonder Basalm, massage the conditioner into your Dr. Martens using a cloth or sponge. This will help to prevent the leather from drying up, cracking and losing its durability, keeping the leather soft and comfortable to wear.
- Polish: Again using a quality polish matched to the colour of your leather (Dr. Martens produces its own range of polishes which are highly recommended), apply the polish to your shoes using a cloth to rub the polish onto the shoes in a circular motion that will warm the wax and make it easier to apply the polish.
- Leave to Rest: Once you have finished polishing your shoes, allow the polish to sit on your shoes for at least 15 minutes.
- Buff: Using a shoe brush, gently buff the leather all over to work the polish into the leather and remove any excess polish simultaneously.
- Shine: Using a clean nylon cloth and the mirror shine technique, buff the leather to a shine while also removing any dust and excess polish.